The Why, How, and Cost of a Roof Lifting Project
It can be costly to relocate your home or business. When you’re looking to add more cubic space or add another story to your home or business, roof lifting is a viable option in many situations.
Why lift a roof?
Adding space through new construction is costly. Zoning regulations, new taxes, and finding land to build on takes time and money. Relocating to a larger home or building is another option, but again, costs can add up quickly. If you’re considered raising your property’s roof, here are some benefits you might want to consider:
- Maximize your home or business’s capacity without increasing its footprint on the property.
- Quickly modernize an outdated warehouse, office, or home with additional height space.
- Avoid paying more taxes that accompany new construction.
- Raising a roof does not require significant demolition, which minimizes costs and disruption.
How do you lift a roof?
Raising a roof smoothly requires the right equipment and expertise. At Wolfe, we have both. We use a state-of-the-art Unified Jacking Machine that lifts the roof evenly and avoids placing unnecessary stress to its structure. A roof can be lifted 1 inch up to several stories.
“How much is this going to cost?”
This is usually one of the first questions we receive. The cost really depends on two things:
1) The size and shape of the roof.
2) How high the roof is being lifted.
It is usually less expensive to lift a roof to increase a building’s space than through other methods. We encourage you to contact us so we may gather more information and create a detailed, custom estimate for you.
Contact Wolfe House & Building Movers
Please use our contact form or give us a call at 610-488-1020 to discuss your roof lifting project or if you have any questions about our roof lifting process.