Wolfe House Movers of Indiana relocated the CSX train depot in Hamilton, Ohio as part of the city’s initiative to renovate the building. The original 2-story triple-brick depot was built in the 1860s, and a single-story 115′ building was added around 1880. The two buildings were separated by an additional brick section which was demolished before the move. The move took place in two stages, with the 2-story building relocated first, and the second one following a few weeks later. Wolfe lifted the buildings, installed Buckingham dollies under the supporting steel, and used the Buckingham SmartSteer® System to drive the buildings several hundred feet down the street to the new location. The city plans to restore the buildings to “white box” condition and lease them to community businesses.
Moved in Two Sections