HISTORIC JEWISH SYNAGOGUE RELOCATION – WASHINGTON, DC
Wolfe House Movers is preparing to move a 140-year-old historic brick building next week on 3rd Street in the NW section of Washington, DC. The Jewish Historical Society Building is to be moved 50 feet sideways and set at a storage location for close to two years while the new site is prepared. The building will then be moved 1,000 feet up the street to its final location.
Local news coverage for the project:
- Read more about the upcoming project at the ENRMidAtlantic website.
- Local Fox5 has some pictures from the morning of the move.
- Julie Zauzmer at the Washington Post wrote an interesting article about the project.
- More photos from DCist.
- Time-lapse video of the move.
- Video of the move from WJLA in Washington, D.C.
- More photos and video.