The Tyrone Township Building has been at the heart of community life in Fenton, Michigan, for over 136 years. Townspeople constructed the frame 1½-story building in 1887 as a gathering place for the village, and in the 1970s, the building was renovated and relocated for the first time. After the town hall offices recently moved to a newer building around the corner, the community began discussing the feasibility of saving the old hall by relocating it closer to the new offices. After months of fund raising, hard work, and collaboration, the planning stages were complete and the building was ready for relocation. Wolfe lifted the 24’x35′ building, used the Buckingham SmartSteer® System to drive it almost a mile to its new location, and set it in place over its new foundation. The building is undergoing restoration to protect its historical dignity while making it accessible and relevant to the community.
24'x35' Frame Building
Moved 1 Mile