The 2-story Nancy Jones House was built in 1803 on the 2,000-acre estate owned by Henry and Nancy Jones in Cary, NC. The Joneses operated it as a tavern and stagecoach stop for several decades and hosted President Polk, many NC governors, and other important people of the day. The house was added to the National Registry of Historic Places in 1984, and in 2019, the Town of Cary acquired the house with the provision that it be moved to a new location. Wolfe House Movers relocated the 47’x57′ wood frame house with its two fireplaces and chimney, driving it 500′ down the road and into place over the new foundation. Read more on this move with these news articles and videos.
Tavern & Stagecoach Stop in the 1800s
Moved 500' Down the Road
2-Story Frame House