Historic Nancy Jones House is Relocated — March 22 2021

The Nancy Jones house was built in 1803 and operated as a stagecoach stop and tavern during the 1800s. Over the years, it was the stopping point for many prestigious travelers, including President Polk and North Carolina’s governors. Wolfe House Movers moved the house from its original location to a town-owned site 500′ down the road, where it will be restored and preserved.

Media Coverage

WRAL

WRAL Video

ABC 11

Friends Of Page Walker Hotel

 

 

Top