The Smith-Phillips house was built around 1860 by the grandson of one of Floyd County, Indiana’s early land settlers, William Smith. The two-story house was constructed with 13″-thick, triple-brick walls and two fireplaces. The house passed through several owners, and when the land it was built on was chosen for commercial development, the developers donated the house to Indiana Landmarks rather than demolish it. Wolfe moved the house 1000′ through a church parking lot and across a road to a new location, where Indiana Landmarks hopes to reintegrate the building into the community through a third-party developer.
2-Story Brick Farmhouse